Salem Area Sports Commission
The Salem Area Sports Commission (SASC) serves as the official sports tourism organization for Salem and the Mid-Willamette Valley.
SASC is made up of a diverse group of people with a unified passion: growing the Salem area as a sports destination and attracting sporting events that engage the community and foster economic returns.
Established in 2018, SASC works diligently to partner with outstanding events and provide exceptional all-inclusive experiences to distinguish Salem and the Mid-Willamette Valley as a premier sports destination.
2022-2023 SASC Board of Commissioners
- Kim Grewe-Powell - CHAIR - Oregon State Fair & Expo Center
- David Abderhalden - Chemeketa Community College
- Chrissie Bertsch - Salem Convention Center
- Collin Box - Capital FC
- Arun Butta - Howard Johnson
- Soraida Cross - Phoenix Inn Salem
- Luke Emanuel - Salem Baseball Club
- Bill Fletcher - Salem Tennis & Swim Club
- Rip Horsey - Western Oregon University
- Kelsey Kottek - Athletic Edge
- Brandon Lemon - YMCA
- Toby Olsen - Hampton Inn & Suites
- Billy Powers - City of Salem
- Rob Passage - Willamette University
- Matt Reed - Sport Oregon
- Chris Roche - Sasquatch Sports/Capital City Classic
- Shannon Simmons - Salem Health/Capital City Elite
- Lara Tiffin - Salem/Keizer School District
- Jason Unruh - Hoopla Association & Oregon Beverage
The SASC committee meets bi-monthly (location TBD) to discuss existing and potential opportunities. Within SASC, there are 4 focus areas that commissioners may participate in:
- Youth & Club Sports
- College Sports
- Willamette Valley Sports Events
- New Events & RFPs
If you are interested in joining SASC, please fill out the application using the link below. Contact Angie Onyewuchi at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.