Why Salem Oregon
Salem is a pleasant mix of urban living with small-town charm. Enchanting rural communities border Salem and help the destination’s diversity shine through German, Mexican and Native American influences. The agricultural offerings ensure the freshest farm-to-table cuisine and Salem’s award-winning wineries are a destination unto themselves.
Health and Safety Protocols
Lodging and meeting venues with the Salem and Mid-Willamette Valley have implemented long-term health and safety protocols that includes enhanced cleaning measures for the safety of all meeting and event delegates.
Some of these measures include, but are not limited to:
- Frequency of sanitizing common areas
- Touchless check in/out
- Sanitizing stations throughout venue4.
- Physical distancing markers
- Signage to remind visitors to wear masks and distance
- Guest rooms include thorough cleaning protocols and unnecessary items have been removed (e.g., decorative pillows, pens)
- Fitness centers, pools and spas are closed until authorized to reopen by the Oregon Health Authority
- Venue employees are required to stay home if experiencing any symptoms of illness
Click here for updates to the health & safety “tiered risk” framework designed to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Oregon.
- Salem is located conveniently off of I-5, the main interstate running north and south through the Willamette Valley; and off Highway 22, the main route running east and west
- Salem is 60 miles, roughly one hour, from the Portland International Airport and Amtrak is located in the center of Salem close to all venues
- Salem is tucked between the Cascade Mountains and the Coastal Range along the Willamette River; the elevation and cool Pacific breezes work to produce the ideal climate
Travel Salem offers personal service to help meeting planners every step of the way to ensure a successful event.
We have a strong relationship with area meeting and lodging venues and can send out RFPs to these partners to collect pricing and respond to your group’s needs.
Travel Salem’s relationships with transportation companies, caterers, entertainers, attractions and other key businesses help you find the best quality for your budget.
We can help arrange free-time and after hour experiences including dine-around outings, wine tastings, entertainment and tour opportunities.
Travel Salem can assist with providing content about Salem and the Mid-Willamette Valley region for any pre-promotion communications (e.g., articles, photos, videos, itineraries).
Financial Incentive Program
Travel Salem offers a Financial Incentive Program for meeting planners who meet the following criteria.
All groups will be vetted on previous history and be required to sign a contract with Travel Salem
Priority will be given to multi-year bookings
- 50-100 - ($500 incentive)
- 101-200 - ($1,000 incentive)
- 201-300 - ($1,500 incentive)
- 301-400 - ($2,000 incentive)
- 401-500 - ($2,500 incentive)
- 501-750 - ($3,000 incentive)
Director of Sales / Vice President
503.581.4325 ext. 128